RIVER SAFARI. TIMBRE IN THE RAIN. SRUNCH.

November 10, 2014

Introducing you, Edwin Sng
Most nonsensical junior who is in total love with taupok from Ah Soon BKT.
 
Nope, we are not a couple, although how much I used to tease him about waiting for him, he would still politely ask me to eat his knuckles and ask me to screw off. #foreveralone
 
Anyway, so this is it.
 
My weekend was spent eating and eating and eating, and I had finally stepped into this boring river safari ever since its opening in god knows when. The sole reason I would go for this River Safari is because, we had free entry passes so why not?
 
SO, the River Safari begins...
 
Boring walk thru' the fish tanks which protray the 7 different rivers and I had no idea what are the various river already except Yangtze River in China and the Mekong River in Vietnam. Trust me, they are seriously... Boring. I would rather go to some ocean/sea and dive in their habitat to see them, rather than seeing them held captive in the tiny tanks...
 
Oh well, but it's a tourist attraction and sometimes, this kind of things is inevitable? To have a sea aquarium...? I don't know... But seenig the dolphins being abused, not being properly well-taken care of, being held captive in such a poor condition. It's just plain saddening, imagine you are in their shoes. How would you feel?
 
Moving on.
 
Enough with the fishes, there are also snakes, monkeys... Ultra huge otters, red panda (OMG SO CUTE, THEY WERE RUNNING IN CIRCLES AROUND THEIR DEN WITH THEIR BUSHY TAILS. GASP. GASP.) and the super laidback Kai Kai & Jia Jia (The Pandas).
 
The only thing I liked throughout the tour in the river safari is... The red pandas. They are absolutely adorable and it's in an air-conditioned room. BEATS THE HUMID WEATHER IN THE OUTDOOR.
 
The river safari isn't big so after a couple of hours, we were done with our visit there. We took the river cruise or something, it was free that day. How lucky but kinda boring, just crusing through the murky river, seeing the elephants, giraffes, rhinos from the zoo... And discussing about the upcoming expedition in the boat (it was THAT boring).
 
Finally, we were done with the whole trip and they fulfilled my cravings for waffles + ice creams but honestly speaking, I... didn't know the waffles meant to be so airy from the Italian Gelato or something. Okie, I meant, I don't really eat pancakes/waffles... but the Belgium Waffles from Starbucks is nice so I expected it to be more spongy... Well, at least, the dark chocolate ice cream ordered by Edwin was rich and delicousssssss.
 
 Belgium Waffle Topped With Ice Creamssssss
Dark Chocolate, Pistachio, Butterscrotch
 
Done with the River Safari and the animals, fishes, monkeys, snakes, otters, crocodiles, panda buns, food, human, oxygen, grass, weather, sky, birds, whatever...
 
We proceeded to our next destination for dinner which was to curb my cravings and because of it, I actually made a reservation at least 4 days in advance.
 
TIMBRE. DUCK PIZZA. PIZZA AGAIN. FOOD. US. THE BAND. THE LIGHTNINGS. THE RAIN.
 
Oh, and just nice, there was the 32nd Singapore Regatta going on and obviously, I had friends taking part but nope, I didn't walk to the opposite and support them LOL. They would still do well anyway 'cos they are legends in the World of DB.
 
We sat at the side and watched a couple of the races before we headed over to Timbre for our dinner. This is the first time, we actually stayed so long there, even after the band resumed after that 1st break, we were still there and that's because of the heavy downpour.
 
The rain was so sudden and heavy, together with the ultimate lightning (which scared the crap out of me), we were all stranded in Timbre, which we (Edwin) ended up ordering more food. The band finally kinda covered all my fav. songs.
 
 One of the better shots taken in Timbre
Yup, I know, TAK GLAM (crossed legs but no one would be looking at me anyway)
 
-
 
SRUNCH
(Sunday Brunch)
 
Never trust pictures.
Never trust pictures on Instagram.
Never ever trust any pictures on the Internet.
 
I'd previously created a group chat for food-hunting purposes and, hahaha I am always the one sending screenshots to the group chat (which only consists of Shini and I btw) 'cos I have Instagram and always looking out for food in the Explore tab.
 
So anyway, I saw this person posting photo of the brunches they had in Tian Kee & Co. so I took a screenshot and sent it to the group chat... I swear, the big breakfast looked awwmazing man, like NO JOKING.
 
So, the next day, Shini had actually decided to head there for brunch. All the way, from Woodlands to Mountbatten OMG almost died travelling but thank goodness, it was only a 3mins walk to the provision shop-turned-cafe.
 
Stoked as we were, we ordered the Eggs Royale, and the Big Breakfast.
 
 Eggs Royale
Sadly, it's just normal sunny-side up eggs (& I thought it would be eggs ben :( ) topped with some cheese sauce (not hollandise sauce) and salmon. The greens was pathetic.
 
The Full Big Breakfast
Toasts, scramble eggs, sausages, bacons, baked beans (and btw, the baked beans is those from the can) Okie, maybe a little to high of a expectation from me 'cos Wild Honey's English breakfast lifted up the benchmark of all brunches cafe for me.
 
BUT, giving them a benefit of doubt, I think, the cafe is famous for their cheesecakes? The rainbow cheesecake which I heard it's invented by the owner and made from Yogurt so it's healthier. My friend actually wanted to order a slice to try, but we figured, we should save the space for the churros at Orchard Central (my cravings once again).
 
Not sure if I would return there for a try... Maybe if I am happened to be there... I would stop by to try their cheesecakes, maybe. Just maybe.
 
OKEH, then, Shini accompanied me to town to do some errands, then for dinner, and... Yup, that concludes my weekend.
 
Not exceptionally happening but... At least, I can tell people I went to River Safari before?
 
I hope your weekend was well-spent, and bear with it.
 
Christmas is coming!
 
Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe