Broga Hill - 1st Nov 2014

November 04, 2014

Broga Hill
Selangor, Malaysia

Hey guys, I know I've been going off from the Internet for awhile... Not posting any pictures on Instagram, logging in Facebook, though I checked my twitter feed time to time but besides that, I am as good as having a disappearing act.

I used to blog PRETTY often, this blog has been around for 10 years or so but sometimes, when you are so drowned in living your life, you'd spend so much time out in the world and neglecting this platform of letting out your thoughts.

So basically, whenever I hop over to blogger, it only has two meanings.

1) Bored & lifeless.
2) Overwhelming thoughts surfacing.

Sigh, no matter how packed my weekends are, there's still something missing and I cannot figure out what exactly it is. Or maybe, there is this something but me being me, trying to escape from reality or continue to live in denial...


Roadtrip to Broga for a hike!

Anyhow, last weekend, a group of us rewarded ourselves for a short getaway further up Malaysia, somewhere in Selangor, for a SUPER EASY trek but with a much better view on top as compared to Fraser Hill which we hiked in July.
The clique supposed to consist of the 6 of us but because the civil servant had duty on the weekend, she had to give up this trek for the Government but it was a good thing as well 'cos it means, we didn't have to spend extra lump sum of money to rent a MPV for this trip. I let out my car for this trip, so everyone saved a little more. HEH.
No idea if anyone of you would like to know how did our schedule go but since I am going to talk about this trip, I shall pen down whatever I know/remember.


The trip embarks like this...

On a Saturday morning, my group of friends took awhile to enter Truly Asia due to the overwhelming crowd at both customs. It kinda delayed our initial planned time to depart from Johor Bahru to Selangor.
1130hrs, they were finally at the pick-up point and I, being chauffeur for the first part of the day, picked them up from Malaysia custom and brought them to the ultimate famous BKT for brunch. Thank goodness, the crowd had already disseminate by the time we arrived; getting a table for 5 and a parking lot were a breeze.
Brunch checked, time to clock the mileage up Selangor at around 1230hrs - 1300hrs, which I volunteered to drive the first part since... It's gonna be just Highway and me, us. It's pretty easy to navigate to Broga and yes, GPS served us well. After a pit-stop halfway for toilet break and refueling ourselves with more water, Ang took over the rest of the journey.
(FYI, how amazing, he didn't even need to adjust the driver's seat at all, not even the rear mirror. I only found out when I took over the 2nd day to send them to custom after dinner. Holy mama.)
After a few hours of driving (MUCH BETTER THAN THE OVERNIGHT DRIVE UP FRASER, OMGAH), we finally arrived at the foot of the hill (it's not high enough to be a mountain) and we were supposed to park in a slanted way but seeing no cars around, Ang just parked it parrallel to the palm trees in the plantation... Like a boss.


The Ascend.

Refilling water into our water bags, changing to our hiking outfit, spreading the insect repellent on our bodies, as well as the sunblock, we were finally all good to go, but toilets were locked ('Cos prolly, it only operates in the morning where there will be crowd and supposedly, there is an entrance fee but... I think, after a certain timing, it will be waived.) Oh, speaking of which, I didn't have the chance to clear my bladder...
The trek finally commenced at around 1700hrs, and it was an easy hike, although the gradient might be steep but still, fairly easy. It took us about 25mins of relaxed steps up to the summit. The hike was easy but combating the mosquitoes was tough. Mosquitoes were literally following us and we had to spam 2nd layer of army insect repellent halfway thru the hike.
Never underestimate any tiny stuff, they do make a significant MAJOR impact. Try sleeping with a damned mosquito at night.

Trekkers of different batches.
That's me (in singlet) the 2nd youngest but 3 years gap with Eeching, the one beside me (Still in SP), Ang (in black), Michelle (in yellow), and Cynthia (in red).

Y'know, it's really amazing how different batches can bond together. For the record, we didn't even get to attend school together, cos some might have already long graduated when one enrolled into the school but because of similar passion, it brings each individual together.
It just feels so magical, like how two strangers can click instantaneously once they meet.


The Descend.

Up the hill was easy, so as the descend but I almost slipped once, breaking into cold sweats but managed to balance myself. Just after we completed our ascend, we realized that, there were actually quite a number of people trekking up as well and there was this one guy, who hiked up with an umbrella but descended with trash he found along the route. It isn't even his job but he is doing his best to help keeping the environment clean, OUT OF GOODWILL.
Which in turn, I asked Ang to get some rubbish down as well, and he took with him a detached sole he found on the ground, then asking me, why is it the true blue Malaysian not doing it instead. HAHAHAHA wtfug.

Finally, descend was completed and we got changed into... Slippers before we continued our journey back to KL for the night and the butter crab Michelle had been craving.
Remember, I was mentioning that I didn't clear my bladder before the hike since the toilets were all locked? I actually abused my bladder until 2000hrs where I finally get to relieve myself wtfug I swear to god, I almost died in the car.

1) A tad congestion while going back to the core of KL
2) There was so many cars, we had to wait for a lot in the carpark
3) Security guards failed in providing clear direction to the washroom
MY BLADDER ALMOST BURST.


Night Fall.

Upon completion of the trek, and back to KL for the night, we were finally all washed up before we continued our scouting for the butter crab that Michelle had been craving for, and introducing us to it. By the time we got to the place, it was already 2100hrs but not too bad, the butter crab was good, but the more you eat, you will feel the thick gravy getting stuck on your throat...

The meal was alright, we had fried squid with salted egg, stir-fried kailan, two butter crabs, satays, some marmite ribs or something, stir-fried clams, few coconuts water and a couple of fruit juice. It amounted to... RM200+ for the 5 of us, not sure if it was a rip-off but they certainly enjoyed their meal.

As long as everyone's happy, I am happy.

Sunday.

Waking up at 920am for breakfast before we conclude our trip in KL. As Ang was trying to look out for the dimsum place, we all gave up and just headed into a coffeeshop which has stalls that sell dimsum and noodles.

THE BREAKFAST WAS EXPENSIVE with mediocre standard of food being served.
The wanton mee cost us a whooping RM6.50/small bowl, and the dimsum was at RM4 - 6/ basket. Worst of all, the custard bun totally burnt my finger as I tried to peel them apart. The gravy just squirted out onto my fingers, even though I was already being so meticulous in my actions.
Breakfast was pretty meh but that somehow concluded our journey in KL before we disembarked back to JB, stopping by Johor Premium Outlet 'cos Ang wanted to get a pair of leather shoes for work.

Nothing much to talk about 'cos J.O.P is boring.

Then, as for dinner, I brought them to The Zon for fresh oysters! Not exactly cheap but still, the oysters were fresh and the meal for the night only amounted to RM190.

Half dozen of osyters, fried tiny squids, vegetable, fried flat beehoon, kungpow chicken, coconut water and a couple of luohanguo tea.

If y'all convert it into SGD, I am sure you guys would say it's cheap... So any takers for fresh oysters and a staycation at my house for a relaxing weekend? Hahaha.


That's my weekend for you.

How was your weekend?

I hope you guys spent your weekend well, be it a productive 2 days for studying or a day or two for getting away from the hectic work.

Always remember to take a breather.

Wilderness is a neccessity.
Broga Hill, 2014.

Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe