Brunch all day, err day.

November 24, 2014

It's brunch all day, err day.

//

The weekend was just full of pigging out for me, all thanks to Shini.
(HAHA, she suggested cafe hopping but seriously, that's only this much our stomachs can hold.)

First Stop: The Department of Caffeine

Thank goodness, Shini made a reservation, otherwise, we would have to wait for table. It was full-house when we got there and we reached an hour early but they were nice enough to let us in... Since seats were available at the counter but eventually, we moved to the low table.

Anyhow, the whole place was still filled with patrons and the door was literally, swinging opened every minute. Well, I didn't expect it to receive such good response 'cos there's A LOT of cafes situated in Tanjong Pagar.

Despite the crowd, we need not wait too long for the food to be served. That being said, it reduced our suffering time for the tummy.

Shini ordered some porky something sandwiches (pulled pork, sausage, scrambled eggs) whereas yours truly here had B.O.E (salmon, bacon, poached eggs, and greens). I'm quite skeptical about the greens aka the side salad. Although it's just about tossing and mixing the vegetables with the salad dressing but sometimes, some eateries do it half-heartedly. It makes me think that I'm a goat/cow chewing on the grass...

BUT, the greens served here wasn't too bad, at least... You can taste the salad dressing on all of the veges and not as if you're eating raw grass.

Overall, the food was good and I would definitely come back to try other breakfast sets or the highly raved waffles of different flavours. OH RIGHT, the guy who served us, he looked really really, I SWEAR, really super familiar but I still couldn't manage to find out where had I seen him before...

B.O.E (Bit of Everything)
The Department of Caffeine

B.O.E (Bit of Everything)
The Department of Caffeine

Shini's porky something...
The Department of Caffeine

//
Next Stop: Drury Lane
Brunch out, dessert in.
It was drizzling the moment we left D.O.C but it kinda stopped after 5mins of walking to find Drury Lane and we finally found it after walking past it without knowing. We must be blind, blind must be we.
The place is much cosier but the only aim I had back then was to use the lavatory. THE BLADDER WAS BURSTING, just kidding but I needed the toilet and yes, they have a toilet (thank goodness). Then, after surveying the menu, the desserts (already made-ready for consumption) were not shown but were displayed at the counter panel instead. Only those that have to be cooked/ prepared upon ordering are on the menu.

Menu for the Affordable Breakfast
Drury Lane

So anyhow, they cater muffins and the muffins... It's not being priced. THEY ARE BEING BOUGHT AT HOW MUCH YOU WOULD WANT TO PAY. OMGAH, I wonder if anyone would just pay 10cents for the muffins. We didn't get the muffins, altho the Nutella flavoured muffin looked quite savouring (and we, or I was too full back then).
In the end, the both of us... Shared a piece of banana bread (I LOVE BANANA BREAD, it smells so gooooooooood) and it comes with butter... in Espresso flavour. Yes, you read it right. The butter is infused with Espresso powder/syrup or whatever it is used to make it. I've only tasted salted & unsalted butter in my 23 years of living and this Espresso butter is... explicit (Okie, might be a little exaggerating).
 Banana Bread w/ Espresso Butter
Drury Lane

Oh oh, the desserts, and the all-day breakfasts are actually quite affordable at Drury Lane and we were sitting right opposite the open-concept kitchen so... I get to see all the dishes prepped by the staff that and the breakfast looked hellamazing. No idea what actually was the breakfast but my guess is... Some big breakfast or whatnot.

//

Next half of the day goes like this:

Urging Shini to book the movie tickets beforehand was totally a splendid idea but before we made our way down town, we had a little tour around Singapore. Cafe-hopping was over in the early afternoon and it followed by bus-hopping to get to our destination (Somerset). From Tanjong Pagar to Pan Pacific (opposite Marina Square) then transferring bus again to Somerset. SO FUN, SHINI, SO FUN.

Yup, online-booking for movie tickets made our lives much more convenient and easier 'cos the crowd at the counter was ridiculous like seriously... Must be the movie - Hunger Games, The Mockingjay (Part I) and we watched this as well. HAHAHA.

The movie was... kinda boring as compared to the previous two, probably 'cos there wasn't much action scene and the song, "The Hanging Tree" is catchy but the more you listen to it, the more eerie it gets... Hanging the murderer who killed 3. Uhm... (...) FYI, I almost fallen asleep when we were only 5-10mins into the movie. It was THAT BORING but subsequently, I stayed awake throughout tho and guess whut, the movie was 126mins long - Too draggy.

//

As the night falls:

Mission succeeded (to curb Shini's craving for DTF - no idea if she craved for the xlb or zjm) after waiting for 45mins for our table. Almost died waiting but food was served pretty fast and we had got the corner seats (heh).

A whole table full of food, from century eggs, to chili crab buns, xlb, her zhajiangmian, my pork cutlet, duck rolls... Actually is the table for 2 quite small, hence, the table full of food but yup, right amuont of food for dinner! (At least, I didn't feel like I'm choking onto the food at the tip of my esophagus)

What's life without Food?
Ding Tai Fung, Paragon

& because the night was still young after our dinner, Shini dragged me to Scape for some actions to burn off the calories. She brought me to Playnation for some console games and we played Wii! The last time I went to Playnation was god knows when, like my friend brought me there to play L4D using Xbox which totally made me a total noob (IT WAS SO DIFFERENT FROM COMPUTER).

Then, with the new package (I think, 'cos it's been ages since I stepped into Playnation - okie, I don't even go there at all...), an hour of rampage, I meant, an hour of madness playing the games cost only S$9.50/pax with free flow of drinks and popcorns omgah. I'm not a fan of popcorns but the popcorns they served us that night was fresh and warm, slightly sweented, like a healthier choice as compared to those sold in cinemas.

Shin chose a game called "Rabbid" or something and it's actually some dumb games that required only brawns. HAHAHA, as long as physical quick actions are involved, I will own the round LOLOL which somehow, made my biceps bigger after a few rounds of shaking the damned controller.

Dumb, but some stages are quite fun and hilarious.

Playnation
Scape, Somerset

Then, our night ended with much laughter after an hour of gaming (omgah, we are both not even an average gamer and I'd only play L4D if anyone asks me about my gaming experience LOL YOU HAVE STARTLED THE WITCH!!)

//

The next day:

We are definitely a fan of Shiok Maki from Koh Grill & Sushi Bar but when we got there... It was too early so they hadn't start their operation sighpie, choosing our next destination... We headed over to Wild Honey for brunch instead. Totally, no place like home. The ambience is good - for both outlets and the food is omgamazing.

Truth to be told, once I get hold onto something nice, I wouldn't risk to try another type and hence, LOL I've only ordered English Breakfast from Wild Honey and never tried other breakfasts before at all LOLOL TELL ME ABOUT LOYALTY.

The English Breakfast from Wild Honey is the bomb, how could one not order it whenever visiting Wild Honey. It's a goddamned crime, man. LOOK AT THE FOODDDDDDD and I can never finish the whole set... Oh, and my bitch would always order her Tunisian Breakfast, no idea how it actually tastes like but my English Breakfast is still gonna rock your world.
 English Breakfast
Wild Honey, Scott's Square

Tunisian Breakfast
Wild Honey, Scott's Square

So, brunches all out for the weekend, I am getting fatter but I enjoyed it.

How about you guys?

//
 Stahp
Just Talk to my Hand

Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe